Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie: Chocolate Pudding



Ok so i'm not an official member of Tuesdays with Dorie (TWD) but I've been following along for a while now. To be a member you not only need a food blog but you need to own the cookbook the group is based on, Baking: from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. We received a ton of gorgeous cookbooks for our wedding a few months ago so I really can't justify splurging on another one right now!

This week's TWD is hosted by It's Melissa's Kitchen. But I'm lucky enough that this week's recipe for Chocolate Pudding is already online at Dorie's own website. We're not supposed to publish the recipe so just click here to find it.

Having never made pudding before I wasn't totally sure what to expect. For most Australians 'pudding' can mean just a dessert in general, or something like a self-saucing chocolate pudding or steamed pudding that you would enjoy at Christmas time with lots of custard. Yum!

To me this chocolate pudding is like a firm chocolate mousse or chocolate custard. It is made with milk and eggs like a traditional custard, just with a few more ingredients.


I made one hell of a mess preparing this as you can see from the photo below. Next time I might streamline the process a bit and hopefully use fewer pots and pans. There was also a lot of in and out of the food processor that was a bit fiddly. Apart from that it's really simple to make.


The taste test ...


Well what can I say? It was absolutely sublime! Smooth, silky and incredibly chocolatey. I used Lindt Intense Mint chocolate for the pudding which added a different dimension of flavour. I topped them with some pure whipped cream and a shaving of Lindt 70% chocolate over the top.

I would definitely make this again.

Next Tuesday we will be making Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler. N loves rhubarb so he'll be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Questions or comments? I would love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...