Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesdays with Dorie: Lemon and Poppyseed Muffins


Wow, a TWD recipe actually posted on the right day! This week Betsy of A Cup of Sweetness chose Dorie's Lemon Poppyseed Muffins. While I love a good layer cake as much as the next girl these melt-and-mix muffins are much more my thing at the moment.

It's been ages since I made muffins but given how quick and easy they are I really should dig out my muffin pans more often. Unusually for me I did a full batch and only made one substitution, using homemade greek yoghurt instead of the sour cream.

The taste test ...

These muffins are moist, bright and zingy, especially drizzled with lots of the lemon glaze. Perfect afternoon tea fare. My taste testers all gave a big thumbs up!

Make sure you check out Betsy's blog for the recipe and for lots of pics of her adorable baby boy (a November baby like Charlie).

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like they were a hit at your house too! I loved the glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also went with the greek yogurt. They were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Definitely perfect for tea, or anytime. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your muffins look perfect! Glad your taste testers gave them two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for baking with me this week. You son is adorable as well! Congrats! How do we find the time to bake right now? Your muffins look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Questions or comments? I would love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...