Thursday, June 9, 2011

TWD - Blueberry-Brown Sugar Plain Cake

It may be Thursday not Tuesday but I am so glad I decided not to skip this one. Cindy of Everyday Insanity chose Dorie's Blueberry-Brown Sugar Plain Cake and it was sensational!

In my opinion there is nothing 'plain' about this moist cake flavoured with brown sugar and studded with juicy blueberries. I didn't even bother with a dusting of icing sugar over the top. I think my tin was a little big because this looked more like a slice than a cake but it cooked in barely 25 minutes and I loved the dimply top.

We are having some really chilly weather here at the moment and this was perfect with a hot cup of tea. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to grab another cuppa and curl up under the doona until the boys wake up!

Make sure you check out Cindy's blog for the recipe. This one's a keeper!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for baking along with me. This was one great cake. My berries all landed on the bottom. Your cake looks perfect. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan, how I love your blog! It is super delicious. And when I get home from work tonight and the kids are in bed, I'll be back!

    Oh my... I can see I'm going to have to try some of these goodies.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Questions or comments? I would love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...